1. I haven’t had AC in my townhouse all weekend (it should be fixed tomorrow!). Thankfully, it’s been overcast and less than 100 degrees. . .and my parents have been gracious enough to put up with me for a significant portion of the last few days. I even watched the 93rd PGA Championship with my Dad on Sunday afternoon. Well, some of it. Then I came home and watched Keegan Bradley win the shoot-out. Is it strange that I actually like golf…?
2. I’m 98% certain I failed to put on mascara before leaving for church on Sunday morning. I blame it on being distracted by the heat.
3. If you had to title these oh-so-thrilling list posts (of which I have done far too many as of late…), would you prefer “5 Things” or “Monday Musings” (assuming they actually occur on Monday, that is…)? No, seriously. I’d love to hear which you prefer.
4. I slept on my couch until 2am Monday morning (it was cooler downstairs. refer to number one.). I haven’t done that in a while, and it reminded me of my undergrad days in Wilmington. Mainly because my pug and I used to fall asleep on the couch all. the. time. Oh, and there may have been about a month after the roach incident when I slept on the couch/futon intentionally. Roaches crawling on me in bed tend to freak me out. And I don’t care what the maintenance guys said, it was not just a water bug.
5. On the way to get a caramel milkshake from Cook Out on Sunday evening, as I was reflecting on the events of the day and recent weeks, I was overwhelmed by the goodness of God. In a world full of insecurity and uncertainty, it was humbling and satisfying to spend those moments considering His love and faithfulness. . .which He often makes known in the most unexpected of ways.