1. When I go to my parents’ house, typically I take my camera. Just because. Sometimes I end up not taking any photos. Sometimes I take photos of their animals. Sometimes I take photos of the backyard. And sometimes I take photos of tools in the garage. I’m pretty sure that drill belonged to my grandfather, which makes me kinda happy.
2. My adult life group at church held our second annual Amazing Race on Saturday. I found out a few short hours in advance that I needed to drive my team around town as we solved clues to reach our destinations. So I might have spent about half an hour vacuuming my car for the first time in. . .well. . .several months (at least).
3. I went to two church picnics this weekend. With two different churches. And ate North Carolina BBQ at both. Good times.
4. About a week ago, I decided to take everything out of the closet in my spare room / office-in-theory in order to assess its contents. Several days later, most of said contents are still spread out across the floor, and I have NO idea what to do with them. But assuming I can work a trip to IKEA into my schedule in the near future to make a couple of long-overdue office furniture purchases, I’m hoping to re-arrange, re-decorate, and re-organize. Would you be interested in before and after photos?
5. Finally, in honor of the last Monday night Bible Study of the summer on the life of Joseph, consider these two key verses:
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.” Genesis 50:20 (NASB)
“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28 (NASB)