1. Coffee shop conversation is my love language.
2. This quote has been swirling around my mind since I read it several days ago:
“So we don’t risk at random, jumping off any cliff. We risk jumping obediently where God says to jump.” – Jennie Allen
See the whole context in this post.
3. Apparently starting too many new things at once makes me anxious. Logically, I know there’s no good reason for the anxiety. And while I’m learning some good coping mechanisms (for the record, good sleep does wonders for restored perspective!), really, this hasn’t been something I’ve been able to fully attack on my own.
I’m beyond serious when I say I think there’s been an element of spiritual warfare in this. I’m entering into a new season of ministry (in more than one area), and I’m SO excited about all of it, but it’s also not something I can do on my own. Each ministry I’m involved in requires absolute dependence on Christ. Which is awesome. In the truest sense of the word. But I’m thinking the enemy cannot be too pleased with this heightened awareness of my desperate, moment-by-moment need to walk by the Spirit, and he seems to have been working on overdrive to fire his flaming arrows my way as a result.
But oh, the power of prayer in the midst! And when I have no idea what to pray, simply saying the name of Jesus over and over again is somehow enough. And perhaps more powerful than anything else I could possibly think to add.
4. After two weeks of complete silence in this space, I’m back at blogging and there’s some good stuff coming in September … starting Tuesday, so be sure to check back then!
5. And this. Because Jesus is so good, and we don’t even make sense apart from Him:
“I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” – Jesus
John 15:5 (ESV)