1. I cleaned my bathroom yesterday, and somewhere in between cleaning the sink and the tub (the. very. worst. part. can I get an amen?), I ended up totally distracted by a nail that’s only been on the wall above the toilet for about 3.5 years. I was so distracted by it’s unsightlyness (I think I just made up a word…) that I went and found a spare frame collecting dust under my bed, put a fabric swatch in it (it was all I could come up with in 5 minutes), and hung it on the wall to hide the old nail hole. It may not be perfect, but it looks so better than a blank wall with a nail sticking out of the center!
2. I’ve been studying Genesis 3 (well, technically Genesis 2-4 for context) in depth this past week for Bible Study. And y’all, the Serpent (aka: the devil, Satan, the beast, the dragon, the evil one) is no joke! I have a whole new appreciation for this verse after my studies over the past several days:
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” – 1 Peter 5:8 (ESV)
3. I’m thinking of doubling the photo of the week with a recipe on Friday. Is that cheating?
4. Fun fact: the ceramic fish in the above photo is from the Christmas store (St. Nick Nack’s) in Calabash, NC. My sweet mom got it for me when I first moved into my apartment in college.
5. I discovered Words with Friends this weekend. Oh, dear…
1. I really didn’t intend to go a full week without a blog post after the 31 Days series ended. But it did sort of wear me out. In regards to writing, I don’t think I have ever been so excited about a topic, but at the same time so utterly in-over-my-head and completely dependent on the Lord and His Word.
2. I wore red striped socks under my boots today. Usually I wear black, but they weren’t clean. Now aren’t you glad you stopped by my blog today?
3. I saw the movie “Tower Heist” with a friend on Friday night. It was pretty much hilarious. In a completely mindless and nonsensical sort of way. Perfect for a late Friday evening sort-of-on-a-whim-after-dinner kind of movie. Have you seen any good movies lately?
4. I serve with the one of the 2-year-old classes at church twice month. After playing “musical rooms” (as the coordinator put it) and sort of filling in wherever needed for the past several weeks, I was back in my regularly scheduled classroom yesterday. Well, I had the most adorable conversation with one of my just turned 3-year-old little guys! It was so sweet, it deserves its own post later this week, so stay tuned.
5. A word of encouragement:
“Then Job answered the Lord and said: ‘I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.'”
– Job 42:1-2
1. I hate it when I’m in the middle of doing laundry and realize that I haven’t even put away a stack of folded clothes from the last time I did laundry! Am I the only one with this problem?
2. In case you missed any of my posts about Greece (and actually have an interest in reading through them…), they are now all located in one convenient location by clicking on the “Greece: Paul’s Letters” tab in the header.
3. On Saturday night, I watched a movie on the Hallmark channel. And cried. I must have been hormonal because that is so not characteristic of me.
4. I discovered the Lightbox app for my Android phone this week. It’s like instagram. Only for a droid. And it makes me happy. Even if I did waste too much time this weekend taking photos of the insignificant and mundane (most of which didn’t even make it to my photowall). . .
5. Yesterday, I had a fabulous lunch with two sweet friends. It was one of those good-for-the-soul sort of lunches…the kind where you catch yourself sighing with contentment as you drive out of the parking lot.
What did you do this weekend?
Wow. . .that title sounds like I could be writing a brilliant post about a serious life topic.
But I’m not.
I just recently got a new lens (a 50mm prime lens with a 1.8 fixed aperture to be exact), and I think I’m in love!
And because I have had SO much fun playing with the new lens, it seems only fair that you should see a sampling of my recent subjects. . .
Plants on the front porch.
Tiki…my mom’s cat…she found her in an antique store.
A ’66 Mustang…my Dad is rebuilding the engine…
…so I took a picture of that, too…
…along with the very flat tire for good measure.
Alpha…he’s so regal looking.
Mercy…who could have cared less that I wanted her to actually look at me.
Clouds. Because…why not?
And a roommate (who humors my photographic endeavors).
Sometimes cereal just plain tastes better when eaten out of an orange 1940’s-style Pyrex bowl handed down from MeMaw’s kitchen.
Thanks to both of my grandmothers, I have several of these colorful bowls (in varying colors and sizes) taking up residence in my kitchen cabinet. And they are some of my all-time favorite dishes!
Yes, it’s the little things in life. . .
From my phone, no less.
Because sometimes (especially on a Friday afternoon), it’s important to acknowledge the insignificant and random.
Such as finding this page in one of my files:
Ha! Apparently a little over a year ago, I thought it was funny to add a literal “point” to this page marking where I stopped scanning the file. And I’m not gonna lie, it made me smile today, too.
Care to share a random moment from your Friday afternoon?
1. Koine Greek is taking over my life (again).
2. This photo was a mistake…but I like it:
3. It’s almost 80 degrees. In February. But that means I can wear flip-flops again without getting funny looks.
4. Consider this:
“There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry: ‘Mine!’” – Abraham Kuyper
5. Happy Sunday!